Structural Laminated Veneer Lumber
structural laminated veneer lumber belongs to the category of engineered wood called structural composite lumber.
structural laminated veneer lumber belongs to the category of engineered wood called structural composite lumber. Other members of this category are parallel strand lumber (PSL) and laminated strand lumber (LSL). All members of this category are strong and predictable, and are thus interchangeable for some applications. PSL is made from veneers that are cut up into long strands and oriented parallel to its length before being compressed into its final shape. LSL is also made from strands rather than veneer, although the strands are shorter and aligned with less precision than PSL and is created as billets that are like a thick version of oriented strand board. Billets of PSL and LVL are very similar although their sizes are different. Billets of PSL can be as large as 12 inches wide and 60 feet long while LVL can range up to 4 feet wide and 80 feet long.
1. LVL sheet can disperse and stagger the defects such as knuckles and cracks of logs, thus greatly reducing the influence on strength, making it stable in quality, uniform in strength and small in material variability. It is the most ideal structural material for replacing solid wood.
2. The size can be adjusted freely. It is not affected by the shape and defects of logs. The LVL sheet can be up to 8 meters long and up to 300mm thick. It can be selected according to the condition of its own materials. , arbitrary cutting, raw material utilization rate of up to 100%;
3. LVL processing and wood, can be sawed, sliced, chiseled, open, nail, etc.;
4. LVL has insect proof, anti-corrosion, fire, waterproof, etc. Performance, mainly in the production process for the corresponding pre-treatment or the use of special adhesive;
5. LVL has strong seismic performance and shock absorption performance and can withstand the fatigue damage caused by cyclic stress;
6. this product Green, environmentally friendly, non-polluting, use high-quality environmentally friendly adhesives in the production process; formaldehyde emission is far below national standards, meet the standards of developed countries, and ensure your health